A survey conducted by Piper Jaffray involving 5,600 teenagers in the U.S shows that 34% of its participants already own an iPhone. From the remaining 66%, a whopping 40% of them said that were planning on purchasing one within the next six months. Reversing time to when Piper Jaffray conducted the same survey exactly a year before, only 17% of the teenagers surveyed owned an iphone while 37% of the ones who didn’t wanted to buy one in the next 6 months. From the survey we can see that the number of iPhone users has doubled in just a year.
According to online reports, the reason for this statistic is not only because of the increased availability of cheaper iPhone options such as the iPhone 3GS and the iPhone 4 after the release of the latest iPhone 4S but also because of the iPhone expanding onto Verizon Wireless and Sprint. The categories of phone users according to reports were between iPhone users, Android users and other cell groups in 2011 but it seems that that has changed this year with former Android phone users jumping the bridge and switching over to the other side the moment carriers started to give them the option of an iPhone.
OnePlus Has iPhone 6S Case Now
Now here’s an iPhone 6S case that will certainly turn heads, especially when you take into consideration its name which is known as the OnePlus iPhone 6S case. That’s rather weird, don’t you think so? It will certainly take some getting used to before the name rolls off your tongue naturally. Well, we do know that The OnePlus iPhone 6S case can now be purchased for $19.99 a pop, and no, you do not need any kind of invite before you can snag one for yourself.
Each purchase will also be accompanied by an invitation to purchase a OnePlus X, just in case, you know, you would like to tread the Android waters. All in all, it comes in the kind of material as found on the OnePlus One and OnePlus X, which makes it a whole lot harder to lose grip of when you hold it – which is good!
iPhone 6S Prepares For September 18th Release Date
If you are on the lookout for either the iPhone 6S or the iPhone 6S Plus, then here is news for you – chances are pretty high that you can pick up either one, or perhaps even both if you are feeling fat in the pocket, this coming September 18th. First of all, there was a leaked internal memo from Vodafone alongside Japanese site ITHome and German tech experts Macerkopf claiming that the new iPhones 6S models will roll out this coming September 18th in their respective countries
With Japan, Germany and the UK being tier one Apple launch countries, this means that those living in the mentioned countries will receive the iPhones at the same time as folks living over in the US – traditionally speaking, of course. There really isn’t that much time left to wait, as it is less than a month away, and I am quite sure that the time will pass by sooner than you think.
iPad Air 3 Not Coming This Year According To Rumors
It looks like the folks over at Digitimes have come up with their own interpretation of things to come – that there will be no iPad Air 3 released, at least for this year. Digitimes has had their fair share of hits and misses in the past, so it would be best to take this rumor concerning the non-release of the iPad Air 3 in 2015 with a pinch of salt.
Digitimes also laid claim that the iPad mini 4 will not be as supercharged as some of the rumors that had been going around, as it will bring with it only small and incremental upgrades when compared to its predecessor, the iPad mini 3. This does not seem to bode well for fans of the compact tablet, taking into consideration how the iPad mini 3 itself was improved over its predecessor with a new Touch ID fingerprint reader.
Since Apple tends to roll out a new iPad in October, we will just have to sit tight and see whether this particular rumor has enough “legs” to run.