There was an earlier story about the Samsung Galaxy S3 overheating – and since gizmos these days do run at rather high clock speeds with the possibility of it overheating, it makes perfect sense to believe that the Galaxy S3, or at least one unit in the market, did suffer from overheating issues. Apparently, an external energy source was said to be the cause for the Galaxy S3′s heat-related damage. In order to clear its name, Samsung came to an agreement with Fire Investigations UK (FIUK), who is an independent third-party organization, in order to find out the real cause of the damage which happened to the Galaxy S3. A summary of its investigation pointed out that “the energy source responsible for generating the heat has been determined as external to the device” and “the device was not responsible for the cause of the fire.” In addition, the results also pointed to “the only way it was possible to produce damage similar to the damage recorded within the owner’s damaged device was to place the devices or component parts within a domestic microwave.”
I guess the owner of the affected Galaxy S3 finally owned up, where its owner in Ireland did post on “Boards.ie”, claiming that he was responsible for the damage. A microwave, really? What was that guy thinking? Perhaps his handset fell down into the toilet bowl and he wanted to dry it in an innovative and yet different manner.