Without doubt the HTC Rezound is going to receive its highly anticipated Android 4.0 update, but when will the update be arriving? Well oddly enough, it seems that Android 4.0 for the Rezound has been spotted on HTC’s own website, along with a complete changelog of what’s new in the update. However Verizon’s website does not appear to have anything about the Rezound at all, making many wonder if Verizon is holding back the update. As it turns out, it seems that HTC themselves might have jumped the gun because if you were to head to HTC’s website in the link above, you will realize that the link to the Android 4.0 changelog has since been removed. One has to wonder though, if HTC had published the info, does it mean that the update could be close to an imminent launch? Either way that remains to be seen for now, so be sure to check back with us as we will keep you updated! In the meantime, you will be able to check out the changelog below after the break to get an idea of what’s coming to your phone.
HTC Rezound™ Software Upgrade Instructions | 06.20.2012
This software update (Software Number: 3.14.605.10 710RD; Baseband Version:1.22.10.0421r, 1.22.10.0424r) is now available for your HTC Rezound. It will update your device to the Ice Cream Sandwich Operating System (OS) and provide several enhancements, fixes and features, including:
Applications & Widgets
- V CAST Media Manager has been updated to Backup Assistant Plus with an enhanced user experience.
- Caller Name ID application has been updated and added to All Apps.
- Time zone issues have been resolved within the Clock widget.
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
- Cisco AnyConnect support has been added to improve VPN functionality.
- Improved data connectivity for a better user experience.
- Improve device stability minimizes the number of resets.
- Improvements to Mobile Hotspot connectivity.
Email, Messaging & Web
- Improvements to default mail application now displays all Yahoo! mail contents properly